Please leave a message to get in touch with us. Requests for starting new petitions are entertained only through this form. You can also send us an email on email@example.com
Sign the Petition
Urge NGT for Immediate Deconcretisation of All Trees in Delhi
Urge NGT for Immediate Deconcretisation of Trees in Delhi
Dear Hon'ble Judges of the Principal Bench of the National Green Tribunal,
Delhi is known to be one of the greenest capital cities in the world. However of late, ad hoc "developmental" activities have led to large-scale decline in the number and diversity of trees in the city. A key challenge faced by almost all the trees in Delhi is the immediate threat of concretisation: cementing of the area around trees right upto the tree trunk. The concretisation of trees can lead to grave results and even cause death/uprooting of the trees.
As you would be already aware, the different rules and court orders from time to time have prescribed that some area (usually 6X6 feet) should be left empty and without concrete around the tree trunks. However, this is not being followed in majority of the cases throughout Delhi. We therefore urge you to issue a strong order ensuring the prevention of concretisation around trees and immediate deconcretisation of the trees choking which are presently being choked to death.
- Landmark NGT Ruling for Government Agencies: Deconcretize Trees or Go To Jail! on Petition to Urge NGT for Immediate Deconcretisation of Trees in Delhi
- sujata chatterji on Petition to Urge NGT for Immediate Deconcretisation of Trees in Delhi
- NGT Issues Directions for Immediate Deconcretisation of Trees on Petition to Urge NGT for Immediate Deconcretisation of Trees in Delhi
- Nita on Petition to Urge NGT for Immediate Deconcretisation of Trees in Delhi
- A N Prasad on Petition to Urge NGT for Immediate Deconcretisation of Trees in Delhi
Why are trees even more important in your city:
Trees give shade.
Trees purify the air.
Trees harvest water.
Trees provide habitat to birds.
Trees add to aesthetic beauty.
Trees mitigate the urban heat island effect.
..and so many more reasons!
In the Media
- Notice to depts over choked trees – Hindustan Times
- Forest department short of hands to protect city trees – Hindustan Times
- Tree helpline cries for help – Hindustan Times
- Trees dechoked: GK-I residents show the way – Delhi Greens
- Students use RTI to dechoke trees – Delhi Greens
- Delhi still awaiting citywide tree census – Hindustan Times
- Devlop around greens, not through it – Hindustan Times